The sash windows on this East Oxford Victorian terraced house were worn out. The frames were decaying, the putty was failing and the single glazing was contributing to high energy bills.
Admiral Windows replaced the old units with PVC-U vertical sliders.
The benefits of PVC-U sliding windows include:
- Modern levels of insulation – meets appropriate building standards.
- Modern levels of security.
- Long-life spiral balances instead of the need to maintain weights and pulleys.
- Retains the period aesthetics of the building.
- Lower priced compared with timber sliding sash windows.
Although PVC-U vertical sliders are not the cheapest way of replacing sash windows, they give outstanding longer-term value. Buyers of period houses are coming to appreciate properties that look ‘right’ from the street. Victorian terraced houses often feature only two or three windows on their front facets, so the kerb appeal of smaller non-Listed* terraced houses can be transformed at relatively low cost, and in a way that will likely enhance the value of the house above what can be achieved using standard top-hung PVC-U replacements.
*We can also supply and fit double-glazed windows to suit Listed buildings and for properties in designated Conservation Areas. Our surveyor will advise – call Admiral Windows Oxford on 01865 788333.